I'm glad this solution worked out.  My boss tried that route when installing 
and it still wasn't working right, which is where we came up with the manual 
configuration of the handlers.

-S.


-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Watts [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Fri 6/11/2010 5:31 PM
To: cf-talk
Subject: Re: Coldfusion 8 installation problem on Windows Server 2008
 

> No, I completely missed that. Will that solve the problem?

Yes.

> If so, should I uninstall CF8 and reinstall?

There's no need to uninstall CF 8. You can simply rerun the web server
configuration utility after installing the compatibility layer.

> How do I install the compatibility layer?

This has instructions for Windows 7, but it's basically the same:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa964620%28VS.80%29.aspx

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

Fig Leaf Software is a Veteran-Owned Small Business (VOSB) on
GSA Schedule, and provides the highest caliber vendor-authorized
instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Order the Adobe Coldfusion Anthology now!
http://www.amazon.com/Adobe-Coldfusion-Anthology-Michael-Dinowitz/dp/1430272155/?tag=houseoffusion
Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-talk/message.cfm/messageid:334492
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-talk/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-talk/unsubscribe.cfm

Reply via email to