> Right now, the way it's branded (and named), the argument is Cold Fusion vs.
> .NET.

Why do you say that?

> That is a hard argument,

Why do you say that?

> but the argument of .NET vs J2EE or Adobe vs. Microsoft is a much easier
> argument.

Why do you say that?

Honestly, I'm not trying to be difficult, but none of those statements
really seem to be as self-evident as you seem to think. ColdFusion is
not just a competitor with .NET; it's a competitor with "pure" J2EE
solutions. But if you were going to cast this as CF vs .NET, there are
plenty of compelling arguments you can make for choosing CF over .NET.
(And a decent number for choosing .NET also.) The same is true for
.NET vs J2EE. And finally, Adobe vs Microsoft isn't a great argument
to make in favor of CF - plenty of people use MS server products.
Where's Adobe's server OS? Their database platform? Their Sharepoint
analog? etc, etc, etc.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.