> Because the best links I got out of my previous email were at best bleak.
> The best link prompted an on-list response that we have 4 years to learn a
> new language.

I don't get where "CF vs .NET" led to that. The Gartner paper isn't
"CF vs .NET". It's an overall forecast on the value and the viability
of CF.

> Because that's the argument Ben Forta makes in his blog:
> http://coldfusion.sys-con.com/node/46362
>
> Comparing ASP.NET to ColdFusion is difficult.  Actually, it's not just
> difficult, it's simply incorrect, and not an apples-to-apples comparison...
> In other words, deciding between ColdFusion and ASP.NET (and indeed,
> defending ColdFusion against ASP.NET) first requires a .NET versus J2EE
> discussion....

Well, that's a technical argument, and while technically accurate it's
not going to convince the people in charge of the technicians. If I'm
the guy making purchasing decisions, I can choose to go with Adobe's
solution, Microsoft's solution, or any one of a bunch of other
solutions. The fact that there's not a one-to-one correspondence
between ASP.NET and CF doesn't really matter.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite