On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 11:19 AM, Dave Burns <cft...@burnsorama.com> wrote:
> I'm considering moving on from Dreamweaver and finally using a better IDE for
> CF work. I know of CFBuilder and have downloaded the trial to eval. I used
> IntelliJ for some Java projects 2 years ago and it was outstanding.

For Java (and other J-languages) work, IntelliJ is hard to beat but I
don't think the CFML plugin gets much love. Eclipse is solid for Java
/ J-language work and CFBuilder as a plugin to Eclipse is unbeatable
for CFML development.

I have CFBuilder (standalone) open pretty much 24x7x365 for CFML work
and I fire up a separate instance of Eclipse (with all my J-language
stuff) when I'm working on a J-language project. I like to keep the
two environments separate right now (to keep my main IDE - CFB - lean
and clean).

Whilst IntelliJ is really impressive for Java work, I can't get used
to the 'feel' of it so I keep trying it but I keep coming back to
Eclipse.
--
Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN
Railo Technologies, Inc. -- http://getrailo.com/