Actually neither of those would work because I'm not checking to see if the
links are valid, I would like to return a list of all .cfm files that are
used within a website. Maybe that's a better way of stating what I'm trying
to do.

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 10:44 AM, Greg Morphis <[email protected]> wrote:

> I'll check out the link thanks, checking logs wouldn't help. On the server
> their might be a header2.cfm and a header10232010.cfm. The
> header10232010.cfm is never used so it wouldn't show up in the logs but it's
> an inactive page that I'd like to remove.
>
>
> On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 10:18 AM, Russ Michaels <[email protected]>wrote:
>
>>
>> For links in pages Use a link checker service such as
>> http://validator.w3.org/checklink/
>>
>> For cfincludes and the likes, if they contain invalid path then the page
>> would throw an error, so you should check your coldfusion logs for errors
>> and resolve them, which you should be doing regularly anyway.
>>
>>
>> Russ
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Greg Morphis [mailto:[email protected]]
>> Sent: 08 December 2010 16:12
>> To: cf-talk
>> Subject: checking for active links/pages (OT)
>>
>>
>> I'm working on a website where they've done some development work on the
>> production server and I'm trying to clean it up.
>> Does anyone have any ideas on how they would accomplish this aside from
>> opening up each and every file and checking for <cfinclude> <cflocation>
>> and
>> <a href> tags?
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Order the Adobe Coldfusion Anthology now!
http://www.amazon.com/Adobe-Coldfusion-Anthology/dp/1430272155/?tag=houseoffusion
Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-talk/message.cfm/messageid:339913
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-talk/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-talk/unsubscribe.cfm

Reply via email to