>Or it could be seen as a negative sign that after ten years CF still
>hasn't been able to shake off the "cf is dying" stigma.

True this.  Scour the web - how many other languages have their devoted
developers constantly asking this same question over and over?  PHP?  Ruby?
Java?  Etc.?

Some HAVE actually "died" in the broadest sense of the word, by being about as
low on the "technologies chosen for new projects" totem pole, but their
communities just keep chugging away without a peep, like factory worker
children.

It's pretty funny how us CFers are always looking in the mirror like some
collective Stuart Smalley or something.

I haven't used CF9 yet (gasp!  He's not on the bandwagon!  GET HIM!!), but I
know and have come to accept the limitations of CF8 and earlier, and I still
make a huge, comfortable living writing useful code in this language.

I'll just start to feel good again when someone on one of my favored lurk lists
will hold up that damned mirror. CFer's, listen up!  You're Good Enough, You're
Smart Enough, and Doggone It, People Like You!!  ;)

Tongue in cheek, of course.