Yeah, clients are always going to want to know what it's going to "look like."
However, I've found it extremely helpful to segregate the wireframing from the
design.

In my experience, most clients put the cart before the horse, concentrating way
too much (or too early, or both) on the aesthetics without giving much thought
to how their site/app/whatever needs to work, how information will be
delivered, etc.  But what they don't realize is that it is, in fact, the
information/content/etc. that should be driving the design, not the other way
around.

So then, I take it as a bit of personal responsibility to guide the client into
asking these important questions, even if these aren't questions they would
normally think to ask.