John, it's not about being "word police".  It's about whether or not you are
a man of your word.  Words, whether you like it or not, have very specific
meanings.  If you choose to use some whacked definition of words in your own
mind, definitions that don't even remotely match the actual definitions,
then you are an untrustworthy source of information.  Why?  Because the
words you use to spread information are inaccurate.  And when you are
inaccurate, yes, my friend, it *is* your business.

You wonder why people "attack" you?  Perhaps you should start by looking at
your choice of words and look up the actual meanings of them before you
write them.  I'll go ahead and give you the benefit of the doubt and say
that you actually mean something entirely different than you're saying.
Now, you should start trying to actually say what you mean and mean what you
say (something you admittedly don't bother doing).