I think you don't understand, CF will try to compile the templates before
execution, provided there are no compile time errors. If there is it will
abort compiling the templates. And I believe and although I am not 100% sure
you will find that all files in the execution of that request are removed,
which is why you might be thinking what you are thinking.

Regards,
Andrew Scott
http://www.andyscott.id.au/

both