Hey Rick,

AIR apps can be converted to run on iOS.  I'm pretty sure that is using
a tool in CS 5.  Apple tried to kill that, but eventually allowed for
"converted" code instead of natively written Ojective C.

They can also be exported to run on Android (which is why we are using
it).

.....and as an added bonus...if you learn AIR, you're learninga  whole
lot about FLEX at the same time (AIR essentially adds functionality on
top of FLEX.....things like local file system access and other things a
standard web app can't do).

As with any other decision.....best tool for the job.

The way we see it here is it is one tool for multiple platforms...and
that "should" save time (and no time wasted getting that pixel perfect
cross-browser user experience....which I LOVE).

Cheers