>     I'll be curious to know if anyone uses ColdFusion on NAS drives
> particularly the Buffalo drives and how well does it work? If my
> understanding is correct I believe the developer edition is free. Any
> resources you can point me to for learning how to get CF installed and
> running on a NAS drive will also be appreciated. All the best.

Most NASs don't allow you to just install arbitrary software, so I
suspect this will range somewhere between difficult and impossible.
And I wouldn't get a Buffalo Linkstation for anything beyond personal
use.

I have a 4-bay Synology that I use at home, and it lets you install
software that's been specifically prepared for installation on it, but
you can't just install whatever you like, unfortunately.

All that said, this all sounds like a terrible thing to do. Why not
just ... buy a server? One with basic RAID? Or use Amazon EC2?

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.