From: Mark Drew [mailto:mark.d...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, March 18, 2013 8:10 AM
To: cf-talk
Subject: Re: Curmudgeon painted in a corner

+ 1 for this.

There are very few things I even need my Windows VM for (at the moment, I
use it for testing installers. ) . Not sure how a mac would own you, I would
guess in the same way a windows machine would too?

You don't need to know the terminal but it is damn awesome once you start
using it a lot more.

Back to the original question, I would say use Sublime Text 2 and first
thing to do is install package manager.  Also, here are a few videos that
might help you get started with Sublime:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ-bgcJ6fQo

Hope that helps!

Mark Drew

On 18 Mar 2013, at 13:04, Bruce Sorge <sor...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't understand the statement of a Mac owning me. I was a windows
> user since it first came out and a DOS user before then. In switched to a
Mac about a year ago and I love it. I have CF10 running with apache, MySQL
and php all working great. Using Adobe creative cloud for dev and I have no
complaints. Once you get used to working in the terminal macs are easy to
use and my machine in no way owns me. Just saying. And for the occasional
instance where I HAVE to use windows, I have windows 8 running with
bootcamp. No complaints and Windows 8 screams on the Mac. Having 8 gigs of
RAM helps too.