>>2: I have to disagree with the assertion that CF Builder missing from CC
>>downloads means anything ominous. ColdFusion is not a CC service, so it
>>and cons of including CF as a CC service, that'll be a great discussion to

>>--- Ben

There are something like 23 apps included with the Creative Cloud subscription,
and it seems like Adobe is adding more all the time.  I use three of these on a
semi-regular basis (DW, Flash Pro, and Photoshop), and have no use for most of
the others; but they're there for me if I need them.   Is the dividing line
between the Creative Cloud and everything else the fact that none of those
programs rely on a server-side programming language?  If so, that seems pretty
arbitrary, since everything a web developer does depends on a server-side
*something*. Nothing we do in DW really 'works' without a web server (at a
minimum).   Plus, if Adobe wants to keep developers using CF, what's the
downside in including CFBuilder as part of the subscription?  If DW CC drops
support for Coldfusion, but keeps it for PHP (and I'm assuming it does), isn't
that just undercutting Adobe's own position?

I happen to like CFBuilder, and use the free version on a regular basis, but a
colleague (and a very talented CF Developer) prefers DW, even though I've tried
to convince her to use CFBuilder.   Up 'til now, DW has worked for her, as it
has for many other CF developers.  Why cut those people off by forcing them to
either a) Pony up $299 for a product they don't particularly like, b) look
elsewhere (like Sublime or Brackets, as Ray suggested), or c) Hand-code without
the benefit of a modern IDE.

Plus, if you get enough people to download CFBuilder out of sheer curiosity and
then fall in love with CF, it can only help the community (and Adobe).

So, why not include CFBuilder as part of the Creative Cloud suite?

-Michael