>Right!  That's my question, since a CMS system already has a form of
framework built inside, there's no need for a Framework. Why not just
always use a CMS and custimze to your heart's content?

There isn't always a framework built into it (or if there is one, it's been
set up specifically for the CMS).

The reason you don't always use a CMS is too varied to get into here.
Suffice it to say that CMS systems aren't always the best way to make
webpages.