On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 9:59 AM, Dave Watts <dwa...@figleaf.com> wrote:

> That said, it may not actually be the best thing for your employer,
> simply because the value of existing code is very, very high, as is
> the cost of rebuilding applications in a new language. So, you might
> want to ask your employer what value they expect to get from this?

I was going to say something similar... Odd switch, going from one Java
bytecode language to another.

However, as Ray suggested, here are some "from the search" results... For
what it's worth my search query was: "groovy programming book reviews"
http://www.amazon.com/Programming-Groovy-Productivity-Developer-Programmers/dp/19377853005
stars (6 reviews)

http://www.amazon.com/Groovy-Action-Dierk-Koenig/dp/1932394842 4.5 stars
(24 reviews)

>From the looks of it most of the texts are for Java developers.

Until Later!
C. Hatton Humphrey
http://www.eastcoastconservative.com

Every cloud does have a silver lining.  Sometimes you just have to do some
smelting to find it.