I have about 20 client “Projects” is CF Builder.

You need to create Projects and basically NEVER use the File view.  Use the
Navigator pane and Create New ColdFusion Project. Point it as your code and you
should be good to go from there. Eclipse is the base platform here and
everything is Project based. Once you have that setup everything else should
start working with minimal config.

Wil Genovese
Sr. Web Application Developer/
Systems Administrator