On this same note, I am becoming more than a little concerned that MM sees Cold Fusion
as nothing but a platform to help push Flash.

If that's the case, I'm gone.

Kevin

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 04/26/01 01:57PM >>>
It sounds like MM is going to throw the CF community a bone and then stick
us in the pound. They "kill" Spectra, restructure licensing, float our
pallets, and make us develop with a Studio / UltraDev hybrid. All this comes
from the boardroom, not a developer wish list.

Former Drumbeat developers still don't have a comparable solution in
UltraDev.

You have to remember, MM wants to make money, not necessarily provide a
better development environment for us. This can be achieved by bringing CF
down to the point a general HTML developer can create a viable application.

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Colón [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2001 2:48 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: New CF5 Partner Hosting License

Heh.  I agree, but I doubt that'll be the case.  At the end of the
announcement was this bit:

"In an effort to help our Hosting Partners take advantage of the upcoming
demand for ColdFusion 5 features,
Macromedia will be providing a special promotional upgrade offer. More
information regarding ColdFusion 5 Hosting
Edition upgrade promotion, pricing and availability will be released on
April 30, 2001."

We probably wouldn't need a "special promotional upgrade offer" unless the
cost is going up.  Nevermind that the
"upgrade" will probably consist of no new or extra features (unless you
count complying with the new, more
expensive license as a feature).