>   Sounds like a good goal.  Reading the two books is probably a good
>start.  I do think that you can learn from books.  Although, not everyone
>learns the same way.  If the boss-man won't spit up the cash, you can
>probably discount the training unless you pay for it yourself.

I would very strongly suggest that anyone who's just starting out in CF in
college also obtain at least one book dedicated solely to SQL. "SQL for
Dummies" would be a good start. When I suggest it some people seem to be
scared to death other professionals might think less of them for buying
"baby" books. Truth of the matter is the introductory books usually go over
things the more advanced ones will completely gloss over -- leaving you
more confused than ever.

You might want to pick up a good advanced SQL book at the time as well
though... something covering the range, but focusing mainly on Oracle or MS
SQL Server.

Not knowing raw SQL is basically like not knowing HTML. Not a good idea if
you plan on making a career of it.

--min