OK.  I'm getting the .swf file via CFHTTP.  No problem.  I see it on the
server and if I click on it, it fires up my flash player.  However, when 
I
try to deliver it to the page via cfcontent, I get garbled output instead
 of
starting up the flash player.  Any clues?  Below is how I called it.

<CFHTTP URL="http://someserver.ohio.edu/news.swf";
  METHOD="GET"
  PATH="c:\inetpub\wwwroot\newssvc\options"
  FILE="news.swf" RESOLVEURL="false">

<CFCONTENT TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash"
   FILE="c:\inetpub\wwwroot\newssvc\news.swf"
   DELETEFILE="No">

Dave


----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Watts" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "CF-Talk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2002 3:31 PM
Subject: RE: Protecting Content


> > CFHttp doesn't like anything other than ASCII content.
> > Perhaps you can do a raw grab (probably require a COM
> > object or CFX - there's bound to be something on the
> > tag gallery) as opposed to <cfhttp> - then I think it'd
> > be easy to use CFContent to deliver the goods.
>
> I think you can use CFHTTP to retrieve any sort of file you like; you'l
l
> have to use the PATH and maybe the FILE attribute to save it to the
> filesystem, though, rather than referencing CFHTTP.FileContent.
>
> Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
> http://www.figleaf.com/
> voice: (202) 797-5496
> fax: (202) 797-5444
> 
______________________________________________________________________
Get Your Own Dedicated Windows 2000 Server
  PIII 800 / 256 MB RAM / 40 GB HD / 20 GB MO/XFER
  Instant Activation � $99/Month � Free Setup
  http://www.pennyhost.com/redirect.cfm?adcode=coldfusionb
FAQ: http://www.thenetprofits.co.uk/coldfusion/faq
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/index.cfm?sidebar=lists

Reply via email to