read all the records from access,
and write them back to identical tables in the mysql db

anyone think of something quicker?

"Jim McAtee" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 02/13/2002 04:13:06 PM

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To:   CF-Talk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc:

Subject:  Re: MySQL Cold Fusion Question?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Carlisle, Eric" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "CF-Talk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2002 2:47 PM

> Would you want to convert so you can easily view table data?  If so,
it
may
> be better to have Access link to mySQL tables via ODBC.  Access wor
ks
well
> to view mySQL table data.  Not sure about actual conversions, thoug
h.

Can you explain how to link from Access via ODBC to another database.
  For
example, I'm working at Machine A, and the MySQL database resides on
Machine
B (with CF server, IIS, etc.).  I've got an ODBC datasource set up
on
Machine B for use by CF.  Where do I create the Access database?  If
I try
creating the Access DB from machine A, and try to link via ODBC, I can
only
see ODBC datasources located on the local machine.  On the server its
elf, I
don't have Access installed.

Thanks,
Jim