> But isn't it what's happening with the "hotspot" problem? -
> the query is done, but the database still has the page locked.

I seriously doubt that your problem is occurring because of one individual
instance of your page running. However, if you have more than one person
adding records at the same time, you could easily run into this.

> BTW, Thanks bunches Dave, it's great to have a geekguru
> available like this
> ;)

You're welcome! Can I get a free Lexis-Nexis account out of this? Just
kidding.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496