@Dale, that's what I'm saying:

the "Adobe user group" are not Adobe employees. they're an old,
experianced CFUG Ben is blogging about.

their name is just blurring the lines between the definitive and
indefinite articles ("a" vs "an") in their name.

the link goes to here:

About

UseAdobe is the #1 site for Adobe Fans!

That's right, we're talking Adobe FANATICS!  Our site and our meetings
are dedicated to designers, developers and everyday business users who
LOVE Adobe software products.

Way back in 1996 ...

We founded the very first ever ColdFusion User Group aka CFUG.  Back
then, ColdFusion was made by the Allaire Corporation.

Years later, Allaire and Macromedia merged, bringing together great
software products such as Flash and ColdFusion, among others.  That's
when the CFUG merged with the long-running Washington Area Macromedia
Organization (WAMMO).

We opperated WAMMO just like the CFUGs with monthly meetings featuring
great speakers like Ben Forta, Steve Drucker, Dave Watts, Mike
Chambers, Dave Gruber, Tim Buntel and others.  Members loved the chewy
goodness of the technical presentations and the plentiful code
samples.

Following the acquisition of Macromedia by Adobe, we thought carefully
about what our user group means to those that participate.  We
realized that this larger company serves many more types of users;
designers, developers, business people and people from all walks of
life who experience the results of what has been created using Adobe
software.

This site is for you ... the Adobe user!  It is for all of us.  We
invite you to stand up, say your name and proudly proclaim: I
UseAdobe.

Fanatically Yours,
Bret Peters