I definitely want to ditto FeedBurner. It is a great tool. They also
do 'generic' blog stats as well as feed stats, so you can do it all
with them, but as Scott says, it doesn't hrt to have multiple sources.
All together I have FB for feed stats, FB for web stats, and Google
Analytics for web stats.

About the only thing I'm not sure I agree with is the 'feeds with full
articles' thing. My feeds are a mix of full articles and article
previews. Any long article is normally syndicated in a short form. I
think this helps keep the feed size down, and I think it helps drive
more traffic. I do seem to notice more hits for articles like that.

On Jan 19, 2008 6:09 AM, Scott Barnes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> In my experience most of your reader share going to find you via other means
> than mostly Google (curious to see what others have found in this btw). My
> blog is in the top 5% of Microsoft blogs (fair whack of readers) and
> majority of my readership simply find me, add me to their RSS Reading agent
> of choice and leave it at that. The ones that don't are usually the ones
> that come from external linking and usually to throw some abuse / support my
> way on whatever today's topic is.
> The key to it is to ensure your blog RSS serves up the complete post from
> end to end. As you don't want to make them read "to get more" as that just
> ticks them off further and not only that i've found if you do, it reduces
> your chances of them "sharing" you around (sounds like a prison story).

Raymond Camden, Camden Media

Email    : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Blog      : www.coldfusionjedi.com
AOL IM : cfjedimaster