Hi,

My company develops a system to keep travellers aware of their flight
details and other associated information. The communication is 2 way. from
server to mobile and visa versa.  we also have developed an email to sms
gateway on top of the main messaging system. We hav euse Mobile365 and are
now using Street Data as they are alot cheaper.  The actual sending and
receiving is done via a GET url request and is encapsulated so that changing
service providers isn't too much of a pain.

Having said that. Every service provider has their own quircks and these are
not always documented which makes programming interesting.  Things like
unicode, message length, message length for multi part messages, etc.

It is certainly possible. The main thign about your situation is making sure
that anyone replying to your system sends some soft of identifier to ensure
that the right job is closed off.  Also, you want to put transparent
security in place as other people migh try and hack through your SMS system.
One thign we do is not allow a SMS to be received unless it it in receipt to
a sent SMS or a registered user.  There are oter things that can also be
done.

I hope that helps a bit.

Cheers,
Simon

On 22/10/2008, Claude Raiola <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have created a facility within my CF application to have messages sent to
> maintenance staff via sms, the sms containing the details of a maintenance
> request.
>
> When the maintenance request is logged into the system the details of the
> request are added to the sql database table and given a job pending status
>
> I have been asked whether its possible to have the receiver of the sms
> reply to the maintenance request received once the job is complete sending a
> sms containing the words "Done" and then have that data communicated back to
> the cf application so the cf application can then change the status of the
> specific job from pending to done.
>
> Any thoughts on the possibility of being able to develop the functionality
> as mentioned above would be appreciated.
>
> Regards
>
> Claude Raiola
> B.Econ (Acc), B.Hot.Mngt.
>
> Websites:
> www.AustralianAccommodation.com <http://www.australianaccommodation.com/>
> www.SAMARIS.NET <http://www.samaris.net/>
> www.WebSiteSolutions.com.au <http://www.websitesolutions.com.au/>
> Mobile: 0414 228 948
>
> On Wed Oct 22 17:07 , 'Steve Onnis' sent:
>
>  Are there images you cant use with CFIMAGE ?
>
> I am having an issue with a jog image and it just wont save.  The image
> loads ok, resizes but when i try to write it out to the file system again it
> just errors saying the file doesnt exists.  Well derr.. of course not, i am
> trying to write it.  Its like the original image is there and then cf
> deleted it in prep to write it out again but fails.
>
> It is just on a specific image.  Am happy to send the image to some people
> to test it..
>
> Steve

Simon Haddon

Woman loves feeling danger and speed. That is why woman wants man.  They get
a speed rush that is the most dangerous of all.