Hi Mike,

Your first option should work if they really are strings, I've done that
one often enuf myself. Evaluate is just doing the same job and I've
never seen toString being used lke that before :-)

if
<cfset temporaryfile = "#gettemporarydirabs()#\#theImage.getName()#" />

does not work try
putting each function call into their own simple variable and then
concatenate them.
<cfset string1 = gettemporarydirabs() />
<cfset string2 = theImage.getName() />
<cfset temporaryfile = "#string1#\#string2#" />

HTH
Kym K

--

Yours,