Mike Kear wrote:
> Thanks a lot Kym,   I can see the logic in what you're suggesting.
> I figured to myself,  'yes as always, Kym shows good sense'.    So I
> tried it.
>
> Gave the same infuriating outcome -
>
> the line <cfset string1 = gettemporarydirabs() />  gives the following error:
>
> "E:\Sites\Customers\customername\wwwroot\cms\images\userfiles\Temporary
> cannot be converted to a number."
>
> So also does <cfset string1 = "#gettemporarydirabs()#" />   (i thought
> perhaps the double quotes might tell CF that it's working with strings
> not numbers)

Good try but obviously not. Have you tried dumping gettemporarydirabs()?
It strikes me that you are getting something dodgy back as what you are
doing is so simple even I can handle it.

As an aside a style rule we have here is that all paths have to have a
trailing (back)slash then you know exactly where you stand, if it has a
slash its a path, if it doesn't its a file.

--

Yours,

Kym Kovan
mbcomms.net.au