Steve,

If you want to see what's in memory in terms of what objects, data,
etc are on the Heap then you will need take a heap dump and analyse
it. I use tools like VisualVM and MAT to do this. See:
http://www.alagad.com/blog/post.cfm/troubleshooting-coldfusion-performance-analysis-part-ii
for details

It takes a while to get the hang of it, but AFAIK, it's the only way.

dave