On 26/05/2010 17:04, Chris Velevitch wrote:
On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 16:58, Dale Fraser<d...@fraser.id.au>  wrote:
Where was CEBit?

Sydney.

And I never got there even though I wanted to, too busy :-(

The fact that we are busy tells me that CF is alive and well in Oz, or our segment of it at least but I also am aware that our segment is not everything.

Fiona and I got a bit of a surprise at WebDU, very few people had heard of us, very few indeed. It made me realise that you can be going like a train and being very good at what you do but if you don't make a noise occasionally then you fade from people's awareness and a new generation comes along who have never heard of you. You can be the county's most senior cfml developers and hosting firm but it counts for nought if no-one has heard of you. That is why I am suddenly making a lot of noise rather than the once-a-month-or-so squeak that I usually make. We are even considering having our own website! Shock Horror! We've never done that properly before :-)

So stand by for more noise, cfml is going to be heard again!

--

Yours,

Kym Kovan
mbcomms.net.au