Realistically I think for most of the scenarios people go with JRun actually
does the trick.

The only reason to deviate from that would probably be for integration reasons
with particular Java/JEE technologies that might not be that well supported on
JRun (due to its age) or due to customer requirements, i.e. "We have paid
ridiculous amounts of money for IBM Websphere so you better manage to run CF on
it".

Besides that - I think JBoss is a very good Java platform to run pretty much
anything on. There's been speculation for long time if (and for what) Adobe
would abandon JRun as the default CF Java server. I personally think that
currently JBoss would be the best platform for such a step - not saying that
it's going to happen any time soon.

Cheers
Kai

--
Kai Koenig - Ventego Creative Ltd
ph: +64 4 476 6781 - mob: +64 21 928 365 /  +61 450 132 117