On 25/11/2010 12:59, Pat wrote:
Good clarifications Kai. Always nice to cut through some of the
marketing spin.

Carl, swapping out your JDBC drivers would be a fairly small amount of
effort to see if it gives you any performance improvements.

Are we drifting off-track? The OP complaint was 100% CPU, network performance has only a minor effect here.

I'd say the two "we don't have a problem" replies out vote the single "VMs are no good" reply so try the "more CPU" route first.

If the host is grunty then build a new VM with more than a single vCPU and install SQL2008 on that and see what you get. (It depends on your OS licensing but we find it convenient to keep 1, 2, and 4 vCPU templates sitting there so you can get a new machine up in a few minutes then throw your applications on.) If the host is not very grunty then assess what you have got, just the one VM maybe?, etc.

--

Yours,

Kym Kovan
mbcomms.net.au