Thanks Charlie,

It is SQL running on its own box, I'll get the DBA to check what else is
running (such as antivirus).
I'm pretty sure he checked the event logs and there was nothing odd there,
he pretty much said that the query activity is normal, just that there is a
very high volume of queries coming through.
We did look at the queries coming through and there were no queries in
particular that stood out as causing additional CPU usage, all the queries
completed executing in a very quick time.

The only SQL monitoring we have is on one of our 4 front end servers, and
that's just FusionReactor monitoring at most 30 queries per request, and
only queries above 2 miliseconds. I did have it on 50 queries and anything
above 0ms for 10 or so minutes, but I haven't spotted anything (nor has our
DBA) that looks out of place.

We haven't got the validation query thing on.
We haven't spied any kind of hack attacks in our http logs (I did disable
one of our pages that gets hit a lot and does a decent number of queries,
but the DBA said it pretty much had no effect).
I'll check out the client variables setting, but I'm pretty sure that
setting is all good as well.

I did look up the updater notes and there was nothing I could find about
database performance or anything similar.

I'll find out if there are any SQL patches that may be required too.

Cheers
Barry.

On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 5:19 PM, charlie arehart <charlie_li...@carehart.org