HI Charlie,

Thanks for the reply, here and on your blog.

I have performed a search, there is not a single instance of cfsetting tag with
respect to timeout.
(In some cases we have showdebugoutput used in the code.)

We only have a single instance of CF on our staging server and the request
timeout is most certainly set to 1000 seconds (16 minutes)
The page most certainly timeouts after only 5 minutes.

There are no timeout settings that can be made within the DB server
We do not use the timeout attribute in any cfquery tags.
This particular process does not use ORM / ColdSpring etc. - it is cfml/html
only for running a report.

Looks like we will rewrite the report from the ground-up and see how we go.
If it works (the new one) - we can then do a comparison between the two and
hopefully nut-out what is wrong with the original.

Thanks to all.

Gavin "Beau" Baumanis