Well, there's one last thing I suggested which you didn't confirm checking:
"then search all application.cfcs for this.timeout". Worth asking in case
you missed it.

Beyond that, I'll ask again: the timeout on the cfloop suggests that
something possibly prior to that was what ran long, and it was the CFLOOP
tag that next ran and CF said, "oh goodness, we've run long". It might be
interesting if you could be watching the request while it runs doing a stack
trace either from the CF Server Monitor or a tool like FusionReactor, to see
what it's "waiting" for prior to that 5 minute timeout.

I realize that's not solving your real problem, "why is it timing out at 5
minutes", but you refer to rewriting the report, as if to suggest that
somehow that will change things. In that case, it just seems it may be
useful for you to know why it is waiting when it's running long. I haven't
done a blog entry on taking stack traces, but I have done a talk about it,
at http://www.carehart.org/presentations/#stack (which offers both notes and
a recording).

Hope that helps.

/charlie