It is true it is not support in 9.0, however the only thing that will be
happen is the connectors wont get setup. So once you have installed it, all
you need to do is then right away apply the update to 9.01, which will when
correctly setup the connectors

I have successfully done this numerous times now, and once the update to
9.01 has been applied you are on your way.

For further information please read this blog post by me for more
information on the problem.

http://www.andyscott.id.au/2011/3/29/Things-to-know-when-installing-ColdFusion-9-then-updating-to-901

But rest assured that you don't need to install it that way Charlie,
although it might not be a big deal it is a step that is not really here nor
there.

As for the Admin being accessible, I could argue that one still needs to
apply the normal security measures on that anyway, especially if you require
the Ajax and new UI features of the likes of cfGrid etc.

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 9:42 AM, charlie arehart <charlie_li...@carehart.org

Regards,
Andrew Scott
WebSite: http://www.andyscott.id.au/