I'm on CFBuilder2 and I have to say the default search which uses Aptana
File Search was horrid - like you say, no way to jump to the line in the
file where the search result is.
However, in the search dialog under Customize.. I turned off the Aptana
File Search and now just use the 'File search' option which shows the lines
in files search results are on and allows you to jump forwards and
backwards through search results.

I found the aptana search would quite often not find a match for my search
when I knew that value was in a file in the area I was searching so that
was very wierd.

Since not using the Aptana search I haven't had a problem.