Just a random thought (note: I don't have/see any of those issues people seem
to have with the product - I actually think the search works great)...

Have you guys ever tried to make those suggestions/rants to Adobe. Not to Adobe
corporate - we all know that it's ... well... rather difficult to get through
to them.

But to the CF/CF Builder product/engineering team directly? To (ex)-folks in
product management like Adam or Rakshith? To Hemant or Rupesh in engineering
management? Or to Terry? They've been to events like webDU or cf.O(ANZ) in the
past - or - hey, actually just last week. The CF product team is _by far_ the
easiest-to-approach product team within whole Adobe. If anyone _honestly_ wants
to get in touch with those guys and help to improve the software so that it's
more useful for you or your team or your whole company - I'm more than happy to
put you in touch, just let me know.

Instead of complaining how much one misses Homesite or how bad one thinks CFB
is etc - do something about it if you don't like it. Give direct feedback. Ask
them for solutions/workarounds. Ask them to be part of pre-release programs and
contribute in there. But don't magically expect a tool that's exactly doing
what you want it to do and exactly how you want it to be done.

Just saying,
Kai

--
Kai Koenig - Ventego Creative Ltd
ph: +64 4 476 6781 - mob: +64 21 928 365 /  +61 435 263 414