Bit late to this piece, but thought I should call out my own favourites in
case any one is interested...

Definitely take a look at Sublime 2 text editor -- built by a local Aussie
to boot:
http://www.sublimetext.com/2

With ColdFusion support try:
http://nagpals.com/posts/sublime-coldfusion/

Plenty of posts going through fullasagoog on sublime on coldfusion in
recent weeks.

And my own personal favourite being Textmate -- with the recently released
Textmate 2.0 alpha just hitting the internet last week -- but its OSX only:
http://blog.macromates.com/

Enjoy!

-- geoff
http://www.daemon.com.au/