I've been using it for a few years for personal projects and have recently
moved several clients over to it, one is a mission critical app that will
kill people if bugs are in it, well it won't actually kill them, it'll just
not save them.

I also have a client (one of the largest companies in the world) who has
Adobe cf applications, but I run locally also on railo express, I use railo
express to optimize the app ( see
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRpET9PUayI), but test and run it on
Adobe cf.
My goal is to move this company over to Railo, I have quite a few other
tasks to get through first.

I have a few clients where they've brought in non CF devs, and to be honest
they were vomiting at CF, mostly because of 3 things, preconceived views
from the 90's, CFML based classes, JRUN.
Once I introduce them to Railo and say "here, it's open source, grab the
code from here and knock ya self out" its a big psychological relief,  many
developers these days have gone their whole career only using open source
languages etc.
Railo's CFscript is quite easy for non CF Devs to get accustomed too, I
don't think you could ever satisfy a good developer to use CFML if he/she
isn't already a CF dev.

Personally I think its best for a code base to bring in *great* non cf
devs, I've worked with some devs who after 4 weeks of working with Railo
were better than any CF devs I've worked with in the past regardless of CF
experience.

It also helps to use a good framework like Coldbox, I've had several Devs
come in thinking they know how crap CF is and tell me how their
language/framework has OO,ORM,AOP,DI etc and give me a smug look lol.
now I'm rambling.