On Tuesday, 9 July 2013 11:36:56 UTC+10, Dale Fraser wrote:

>  Geoff what would be good is to promote what big apps people have
> deployed using it, will help others sell the solution.

I should probably write up a candid missive about how Daemon gravitated
toward Railo. After all we've been resisting the pull for many years.

Long story short, we spun up a couple of tests within our Olympics
infrastructure a few months before London 2012 Olympics.  We were so
impressed with the server and the support we moved the entire Olympics
infrastructure to Railo. It was surprisingly painless. It wasn't a cost
based decision.

Maybe it boils down to belief?  Railo believe in CFML -- its reflected in
every release. Adobe not so much. Harsh but fair?

We believe in the Railo roadmap.  Its a grander future for the language we
love.  That said, the majority of our clients still run Adobe CF and many
will continue to do so. After all, its still a great platform. By and large
though, as clients consider upgrading, moving to the cloud or building new
projects we are slowly steering them to Railo as an alternative.  Either
way, we're building a better internet with CFML -- it's just that Adobe
ColdFusion is optional.

With that in mind, the formal partnership with Railo Company seemed the
right way forward.

GB