Aaron,

First of all, there as been a many times for a need for it, and placed it on
the requested feature list many months ago.

But as for important enough to make it into CF8, no but bloody would be a
fantastic addition whatever version it makes it into. Because your solution
is a very commin factory facade, and secondly your solution is one of many
reasons to have it.