There are at least 5 loggers on CPAN that support email.
I was aware of a few of them, but not the one specifically for Log::Dispatch you mention below. This is very cool. I'm going to go play with that. :)
Have you tried any of these?
Not yet. Its been a while since I've touched our Log::Dispatch code. It seems like its time to get back around to it.
I've been using Log::Dispatch::Email::MailSend in conjunction with Log4perl but really don't know the difference between them all other than that each relies on a different base module.
Log4perl seems like extreme overgeneralization to me. If I were running thousands of apps and needed to keep their logs coordinated or something then Log4perl might make sense, but we're not doing anything that immense. For anything not so insanely complex Log::Dispatch seems much less burdensome.
-- </chris>
"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order." -Ed Howdershelt (Author)
--------------------------------------------------------------------- Web Archive: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/ http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=cgiapp&r=1&w=2 To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
