How is the error handling?  I'm writing a CGI::App now with DBI and I
find that most of my time is writing error handling routines.  If this
query fails rollback and display an error, otherwise continue, etc. etc.
It is alot of work.

On Fri, 2005-03-04 at 08:36 -0600, Jason A. Crome wrote:
> I used to be of that same mindset, and just for grins decided to develop 
> an entire app using Class::DBI, regardless if I quickly ended up hating 
> it or not.
> 
> And frankly, I love it!
> 
> Why?  Convenience and ease-of-use.  It's much easier (and more 
> enjoyable!) for me to write a few lines of code to create a class based 
> upon a table in my database than it is to write a piece of SQL that 
> updates the same table, deletes from it, inserts rows into it, etc. . . 
> .  Class::DBI does it all for me.  



---------------------------------------------------------------------
Web Archive:  http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
              http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=cgiapp&r=1&w=2
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to