On Fri, 4 Mar 2005, David Newman wrote:
How is the error handling? I'm writing a CGI::App now with DBI and I find that most of my time is writing error handling routines. If this query fails rollback and display an error, otherwise continue, etc. etc. It is alot of work.

It seems odd that the database is throwing you this many errors. Having worked with databases aimed at a variety of purposes (from weather forecasting to malpractice insurance) I've never had an app where the database through errors in production that had to be handled by the app. Those things are all cleaned up in development hopefully.


--
</chris>

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
 soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Web Archive:  http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
             http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=cgiapp&r=1&w=2
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]



Reply via email to