On Thu, 30 Jun 2005, Jason Purdy wrote: > One of the things we talked about in our BOF (I will be sending > minutes out as soon as I get them composed! :)), was creating a > BREAD (or CRUD) type of plugin, where someone could install it and > then simply create a package that uses cgiapp & the plugin and then > it will automatically create runmodes to handle browsing, > retrieving, editing, adding and deleting table entries based on > their package's directives.
Sounds cool. I'm curious about your database access approach: You can provide a DBI connection string (i.e. DBI:mysql:mydb) or you can use Class::DBI or Class::DBI::Loader. What will the plugin do with just a DBI connect string? Will it use Class::DBI::Loader internally? Also, that seems to imply that you'd use the plugin with an entire database. That seems unlikely to me. I'd expect it to work on a single table, or perhaps a set of related tables. -sam --------------------------------------------------------------------- Web Archive: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/ http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=cgiapp&r=1&w=2 To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
