On 2005-07-01, Jason Purdy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > In that vein and thanks to William McKee (who has graciously allowed me > to post it on his .pm wiki, which has a cool POD plugin), I have drafted > an initial design/pod and anyone can read and also help & provide input. > > http://charlotte.pm.org/kwiki/index.cgi?BreadProject
Thanks for pushing this project along Jason. I also find it very interesting. In 2003 I was motivated to work on this myself, and got as far as drafting a design and starting the code. However, I didn't feel like I had enough done to release what was there, so I didn't. Here's my own design from that era as a counter proposal: http://charlotte.pm.org/kwiki/index.cgi?CGIBreadMaker There are some more rough notes and starter code for it as well. Also a reminder that I already have some code for other parts this written or in progress: Data::FormValidator::Util::Generator -- can automatically generate a DFV profile by analyzing a database table. It can be used dynamically as the basis for something that is further hand editted. Data::FormValidator::Util::HTML -- can automatically add in error tokens to the HTML to work with FormValidation. Again, these can be inserted dynamically, or added in-place for later tweaks by hand. Of particular interest in my docs might be the mention of: HTML::FormEngine::DBSQL http://search.cpan.org/dist/HTML-FormEngine-DBSQL/ This is already a working web/BREAD application, although I think it's different enough from the usual design patterns of CGI::App's to merit proceeding with this alternate project. Mark -- . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Mark Stosberg Principal Developer [EMAIL PROTECTED] Summersault, LLC 765-939-9301 ext 202 database driven websites . . . . . http://www.summersault.com/ . . . . . . . . --------------------------------------------------------------------- Web Archive: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/ http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=cgiapp&r=1&w=2 To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
