I don't really want to debate whether 0-origin or 1-origin is better (you
can find a record of a previous discussion in Is Index Origin 0 a Hindrance?
<http://www.jsoftware.com/papers/indexorigin.htm>), but I do take issue
with your statement that mathematics has origin one.  Consider the
following power series, among many other such series.

   +/ (x*i.n) % ! i.n   ⍝ J

One way to think about index origin, is to consider the question whether 1
is a prime. http://www.jsoftware.com/papers/APLDesignExercises1.htm#14

⎕io *delenda est*.