"
Science is only ever 'settled' in the sense of "it looks stable for now".
"

The following is a translation of what was reportedly written around 1,000
years ago:

*The duty of the man who investigates the writings of scientists, if
learning the truth is his goal, is to make himself an enemy of all that he
reads, and attack it from every side. He should also suspect himself as he
performs his critical examination of it, so that he may avoid falling into
either prejudice or leniency.*

*— Alhazen (Ibn al-Haytham)*

More recently, the following is attributed to Karl Popper:

*No number of sightings of white swans can prove the theory that all swans
are white. The sighting of just one black one may disprove it.*

"
My vision of TABULA is as a tool to show students what's possible. Not to
chisel out idols to bow down to.
"

Amen  ;)

"
Like the reason why the human eye couldn't have arisen by blind chance.
"

For some reason that reminded me of the following entry in the *Devil's
Dictionary*:

*Ocean, n. A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for
man—who has no gills.*