Florent, Jeff,

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 11:46 PM, Florent Guillaume <f...@nuxeo.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Jeff Potts from Optaros is interested in contributing his Python
> cmislib (http://code.google.com/p/cmislib/) to Chemistry.

Great! The more implementation, the merrier, and it would be good to
see someone like Jeff Potts joining this effort.

> In my opinion this would give cmislib a bigger community and would
> make it more visible.

It has indeed potential, although I have to note that from the Google
Code project it seems a one-man effort. Maybe Jeff can clarify whether
there is an existing community for the project? I am a tad concerned
as this community is clearly biased towards Java and I'm not sure it
would attract python folks - but I hope I am wrong.

> What do people from this list think?

On top of an enthusiastic "yay", a few nits:

- the code seems (c) Optaros. Am I to assume it will come with proper
IP clearance, code grants and the like? I guess that's the case, just
double checking.

- on the same line, I assume it's fine to change the license to AL?

- I don't know if you have any specific graduation schedule in mind,
but I thought I should mention that including this new module _might_
(might!) slow things down a little as there would be a few more i's to
dot and t's to cross.

Other than that, looking forward to it!

--
Gianugo Rabellino