On 2006-09-30 12:15:37 -0600, Jack L <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> I'm running the Windows version.
> 
> I first set up Cherokee to work via FastCGI with the php.exe I built with
> Cygwin. That works well. I start PHP with "-b 8002" command line
> argument.
> 
> But I have to switch to the native Windows version because the Cygwin
> version assumes a different directory structure and that has a conflict
> with DokuWiki. So I downloaded Windows version of PHP5 from php.net,
> verified that the php-cgi.exe supports fastcgi (with the -v argument).
> However, php-cgi.exe does not support the "-b 8002" option as the
> cygwin version does. So I have to use the cgi-fcgi.exe (from
> FastCGI.com) to start the PHP. I verified with the echo.exe FastCGI
> server with cgi-fcgi.exe and it works fine. But it does not seem to
> work for PHP. I start PHP with this command line:
> 
> cgi-fcgi.exe -start -connect :8002 c:\Internet\PHP5\php-cgi.exe
> 
> Then I verified that port 8002 is open. However, Cherokee fails to
> get a page back and I get error 500. Below is the part of the config
> file with I used for both cygwin version and windows version.
> Has anyone managed to make PHP FastCGI work on Windows? And how should
> PHP be started (Cherokee 0.5 fails to start PHP so I'm waiting for
> this feature in 0.6)?
> 
> One more question, are there anyone using the Cherokee Windows version
> in production environment? Has it been stable? How are you using PHP?
> 
> Extension php {
>   Handler fcgi {
>     Server localhost:8002 {
>       Env PHP_FCGI_MAX_REQUEST "-1"
>       Env PHP_FCGI_CHILDREN "5"
>       #Interpreter "c:\Internet\PHP5\php-cgi.exe -b 8002"
>       #Interpreter "c:\Internet\cygPHP5\php-cgi.exe -b 8002"
>     }
>   }
> }

FastCGI support in Cherokee on Windows does not currently work 
properly.  Cherokee attempts to run the Interpreter through /bin/sh 
which will fail on Windows.  I am going to look into how to make it 
work if you use the cgi-fcgi.exe.  I wouldnt expect full Windows 
support of fastcgi until 0.7.

-- 
Brian Rosner
http://www.brosner.com/blog


_______________________________________________
Cherokee mailing list
[email protected]
http://cherokee-project.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/cherokee

Reply via email to