> I guess what I am trying to get at is that how do you run PHP as a
> standalone FastCGI server without a middleware app running?  The reason
> why php.exe -b <port> does not work on Windows is because it is not 
> implemented yet.

This should explain why the native windows version of PHP didn't
work. :) I actually used the Cygwin build of PHP, which does have
php.exe -b implemented. So I was able to use PHP without the help
of cgi-fcgi. But still, Cherokee doesn't start PHP properly. I
have to start it separately.

But there was another problem in my use case. The Cygwin PHP
could not access a COM object that I had to use.

I wonder why the -b is not implemented on Windows though.
It's in the PHP source code (Unix version at least.)

> The only way I see running PHP as a FastCGI (or for
> this matter any FastCGI on Windows) is if there is a middleman to 
> handle the task.  Unless I am mistaken and there is code in Cherokee to
> handle this?  To me it looks like a bigger task to get it fixed for a
> minor version of 0.5 or even 0.6.  I may be wrong here.


__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around 
http://mail.yahoo.com 
_______________________________________________
Cherokee mailing list
[email protected]
http://cherokee-project.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/cherokee

Reply via email to